Mindfulness can boost the quality of life for children in many ways.
“In today’s rush, we all think too much—seek too much—want too much—and forget about the joy of just being.” – Eckhart Tolle
Kids are spending less and less time outside, and more time on screens than ever before. They are bombarded with ads, social media and comparison traps all day long. Mindfulness activities can help counteract some of the negative effects of too much screen time.
Calm your mind, live in the present moment, and relish in the many benefits practicing daily mindfulness exercises can bring forth. There are even more benefits for kids whose brains are still developing all the way through their 20s. Here are some of the top benefits for kids of all ages:
- Mindfulness improves decision making
- Mindfulness can improve focus at school
- Mindfulness balances moods
- Mindfulness builds resiliency
- Mindfulness enhances the creative parts of our brain
- Mindfulness increases attention span
- Mindfulness can help manage physical discomfort
- Mindfulness helps keep problems in perspective
- Mindfulness can breed kindness
- Mindfulness makes room for more gratitude, joy and awe
Visit Positive Psychology for simple mindfulness activities for kids. In just minutes a day, we can help enrich the lives of today’s children through mindfulness.